|Dev cycle||29 days|
This release, as well as all previous ones, includes a lot of internal and external changes. Most important of them are listed below.
In this release Rally DB schema migration is introduced. While
upgrading Rally from previous versions it is required now to run
rally-manade db upgrade. Please see 'Documentation' section for details.
rally infoin favor of
rally plugin *.
It was deprecated for a long time.
rally deployment checknow prints services, which don't have names, since such services can be used via api_versions context.
rally verify [re]installoption --no-tempest-venv was deprecated in favor of --system-wide
rally-manage db revisiondisplays current revision of Rally database schema
rally-manage db upgradeupgrades pre-existing Rally database schema to the latest revision
rally-manage db downgradeto downgrades existing Rally database schema to previous revision
rally task exportexports task results to external services (only CLI command introduced, no real service support implemented yet, however one could write own plugins)
rally verify exportexports verification results to external services (only CLI command introduced, no real service support implemented yet, however one could write own plugins)
fueldeployment engine is removed since it was outdated and lacked both usage and support
Add custom labels for "Scenario Output" charts
- X-axis label can be specified to add_output() by "axis_label" key of chart options dict. The key is named "axis_label" but not "x_label" because chart can be displayed as table, so we explicitly mention "axis" in option name to make this parameter useless for tables
- Y-axis label can be specified to add_output() by "label" key of chart options dict In some cases this parameter can be used for rendering tables - it becomes column name in case if chart with single iteration is transformed into table
- As mentiones above, if we have output chart with single iteration, then it is transformed to table, because chart with single value is useless
- OutputLinesChart is added, it is displayed by NVD3 lineChart()
- Chart "description" is optional now. Description is not shown if it is not specified explicitly
- Scenario Dummy.add_output is improved to display labels and OutputLinesChart
Specs & Feature Requests¶
[Spec][Introduced] Export task and verification results to external services
[Spec][Implemented] Consistent resource names
[Feature request][Implemented] Tempest concurrency
- [added] VMTasks.workload_heat
- [added] NovaFlavors.list_flavors
- [updated] Flavors for Master and Worker node groups are now configured separately for SaharaCluster.* scenarios
[deprecated] rally.plugins.openstack.context.cleanup in favor of rally.plugins.openstack.cleanup
Flavors for Master and Worker node groups are now configured separately in
- Cinder version 2 is used by default
- Keystone API v3 compatibility improved
install_rally.sh --branchnow accepts all git tree-ish, not just branches or tags
- VM console logs are now printed when Rally fails to connect to VM
- Add support for Rally database schema migration (see 'Documentation' section)
7 bugs were fixed:
#1540563: Rally is incompatible with liberty Neutron client
The root cause is that in Neutron Liberty client, the _fx function doesn't take any explicit keyword parameter but Rally is passing one (tenant_id).
#1543414: The rally verify start command fails when running a verification against Kilo OpenStack
#1538341: Error in logic to retrieve image details in image_valid_on_flavor
Add documentation for DB migration