|Dev cycle||29 days|
This release, as well as all previous ones, includes a lot of internal and external changes. Most important of them are listed below.
In this release Rally DB schema migration is introduced. While upgrading Rally from previous versions it is required now to run rally-manade db upgrade. Please see ‘Documentation’ section for details.
- [Removed] rally info in favor of rally plugin *. It was deprecated for a long time.
- [Modified] rally deployment check now prints services, which don’t have names, since such services can be used via api_versions context.
- [Modified] rally verify [re]install option –no-tempest-venv for was deprecated in favor of –system-wide
- [Added] rally-manage db revision displays current revision of Rally database schema
- [Added] rally-manage db upgrade upgrades pre-existing Rally database schema to the latest revision
- [Added] rally-manage db downgrade to downgrades existing Rally database schema to previous revision
- [Added] rally task export exports task results to external services (only CLI command introduced, no real service support implemented yet, however one could write own plugins)
- [Added] rally verify export exports verification results to external services (only CLI command introduced, no real service support implemented yet, however one could write own plugins)
- fuel deployment engine is removed since it was outdated and lacked both usage and support
Add custom labels for “Scenario Output” charts
- X-axis label can be specified to add_output() by “axis_label” key of chart options dict. The key is named “axis_label” but not “x_label” because chart can be displayed as table, so we explicitly mention “axis” in option name to make this parameter useless for tables
- Y-axis label can be specified to add_output() by “label” key of chart options dict In some cases this parameter can be used for rendering tables - it becomes column name in case if chart with single iteration is transformed into table
- As mentiones above, if we have output chart with single iteration, then it is transformed to table, because chart with single value is useless
- OutputLinesChart is added, it is displayed by NVD3 lineChart()
- Chart “description” is optional now. Description is not shown if it is not specified explicitly
- Scenario Dummy.add_output is improved to display labels and OutputLinesChart
Specs & Feature Requests¶
[Spec][Introduced] Export task and verification results to external services
[Spec][Implemented] Consistent resource names
[Feature request][Implemented] Tempest concurrency
- [added] VMTasks.workload_heat
- [added] NovaFlavors.list_flavors
- [updated] Flavors for Master and Worker node groups are now configured separately for SaharaCluster.* scenarios
Flavors for Master and Worker node groups are now configured separately in sahara_cluster context
Cinder version 2 is used by default
Keystone API v3 compatibility improved - Auth URL in both formats http://foo.rally:5000/v3
and http://foo.rally:5000 is supported for Keystone API v3
- Tempest configuration file is created properly according to Keystone API version used
install_rally.sh --branch now accepts all git tree-ish, not just branches or tags
VM console logs are now printed when Rally fails to connect to VM
Add support for Rally database schema migration (see ‘Documentation’ section)
7 bugs were fixed:
#1540563: Rally is incompatible with liberty Neutron client
The root cause is that in Neutron Liberty client, the _fx function doesn’t take any explicit keyword parameter but Rally is passing one (tenant_id).
#1543414: The rally verify start command fails when running a verification against Kilo OpenStack
#1538341: Error in logic to retrieve image details in image_valid_on_flavor
Add documentation for DB migration