|Dev cycle||77 days|
This release, as well as all previous ones, includes a lot of internal and external changes. Most important of them are listed below.
Release 0.1.2 is the last release with Python 2.6 support.
Class rally.common.objects.Endpoint was renamed to Credentials. Old class is kept for backward compatibility. Please, stop using the old class in your plugins.
dict key was changed too in user context from “endpoint” to “credential”
rally.task.utils: wait_is_ready(), wait_for(), wait_for_delete() deprecated you should use wait_for_status() instead.
- Added possibility to run Tempest tests listed in a file(–tests-file argument in verify start)
- Added possibility to upload Tempest subunit stream logs into data base
- Improvements in generating Tempest config file
- Reworked subunit stream parser
- Don’t install Tempest when rally verify [gen/show]config
- Rally team tries to simplify usage of each our component. Now Rally verification has some kind of a context like in Tasks. Before launching each verification, Rally checks existence of required resources(networks, images, flavours, etc) in Tempest configuration file and pre-creates them. Do not worry, all these resources will not be forgotten and left, Rally will clean them after verification.
- Add –html-static argument to rally task report which allows to generate HTML reports that doesn’t require Internet.
- Rally supports different API versions now via api_versions context:
Move rally.osclients.Clients to plugin base
Rally OSclients is plugable now and it is very easy to extend OSClients for your cloud out of Rally tree.
Add ‘merge’ functionality to SLA
All SLA plugins should implement merge() method now. In future this will be used for distributed load generation. Where SLA results from different runners will be merged together.
New optional_action_timer decorator
Allows to make the methods that can be both atomic_action or regular method. Method changes behavior based on value in extra key “atomic_action”
- Fix Glance certification arguments
- Add Neutron Quotas only if Neutron service is available
Specs & Feature Requests¶
Resource name is based on Task id now. It is a huge step to persistence and disaster cleanups.
Add a spec for distributed load generation:
Improvements for scenario output format
Task and Verify results export command
- [fix] CinderVolumes.create_nested_snapshots_and_attach_volume
Remove random nested level which produce different amount of atomic actions and bad reports.
Support for Designate V2 api
A lot of improvements in Sahara scenarios
Context allows us to setup client to communicate to specific service.
Context pre creates swift objects for future usage in scenarios
It supports proxy server which allows to use single floating IP for whole cluster.
Fix cleanup of networks remove vip before port.
37 bugs were fixed, the most critical are:
- Follow symlinks in plugin discovery
- Use sed without -i option for portability (install_rally.sh)
- Fixed race in rally.common.broker
- Fixed incorrect iteration number on “Failures” Tab
- Fixing issue with create_isolated_networks = False
- Fix docker build command
Fixed some minor typos and inaccuracies.
We would like to thank Andreas Jaeger for ability to provide Python 2.6 support in this release.