Add support of persistence task environment¶
There are situations when same environment is used across different tasks. For example you would like to improve operation of listing objects. For example:
- Create hundreds of objects
- Collect baseline of list performance
- Fix something in system
- Repeat the performance test
- Repeat fixing and testing until things are fixed.
Current implementation of Rally will force you to recreate task context which is time consuming operation.
Fortunately Rally has already a mechanism for creating task environment via contexts. Unfortunately it's atomic operation: - Create task context - Perform subtask scenario-runner pairs - Destroy task context
This should be split to 3 separated steps.
- Add new CLI operations to work with task environment: (show, create, delete, list)
- Allow task to start against existing task context (instead of deployment)